Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Busy Weekend
Instead of doing a big party for Thomas we decided to take the kids down to Legoland instead. We left Sunday morning and headed over to the Santa Monica pier. I had heard that this was a fun place and we thought it was pathetic that we have lived so close to it all our lives and had never been there, so we thought we'd give it a shot. Um...no...never again. That was the most disgusting place ever. Just the nastiest, and strangest people walking around. We let Lauren and Thomas ride one ride each and then we got the heck outta there. Yuck.
Later we went and checked into our hotel, then headed over to Downtown Disney to see what we could see. That was much more fun. We had fun looking in all the shops they have. I could spend hours in the big Disney store there, but my shopping buddies had their limit after about 30 min.
Monday was spent at Legoland. That was...okay. I think the kids were a little bored at first. They were both a little too small to ride the big rides, and all the small rides they were tall enough for were not that exciting. Things started to perk up when we found this park where water shoots out of the ground. They have a much bigger pirate water park there, but it was just too crowded w/ the bigger kids. This was much better for the little kids. Lauren and Thomas must have played in the water for at least an hour. It really was the highlight of the trip for them. The adults were really tired from walking around so we decided enough was enough and we decided to head on home. Boy do I love coming home after a trip.
On Tuesday we took Thomas bowling, something he hasn't stopped talking about since Tyler's B-day party. He loves it. And then later we had cake and ice cream w/ our family. I'd say Thomas had a good 3rd Birthday weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun birthday. I agree with you about Santa Monica Pier, Yuck! Happy Birthday Thomas!!
Post a Comment