Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Road Trip

Yesterday we had to go to Los Angeles to have Nathan's kidney checked. We first noticed he had an enlarged kidney at my 20 week ultrasound when I pregnant. After he was born they ran a series of tests here at home, but had to refer us to a specialist because it was so enlarged. At 2 months old the urology Dr. told us that it raised some concerns but not enough to be extremely aggressive. He simply wanted to give it some time to see if his kidney could work itself out and to come back in 6 months. Well, I'm glad to report that Nathan is now in the normal range for his age, and that we can consider his abnormality resolved. (Huge sigh of relief.) We just have to keep a close eye on him for infections as he grows and starts playing sports and getting more aggressive as boys usually do.

3 comments:

Cami said...

I am glad to hear that everything went well. What a relief.

Race Fam said...

I am glad he is fine. That is great.

Sarah said...

What a relief! I'm glad everything is ok.